Monday, February 06, 2012

Register NOW -- early bird registration for Nashville ends Feb 14


Early-bird registration for the 2012 AGO national convention in Nashville ends February 14.  Join me and register soon!

Unfortunately, due to a work commitment, I was unable to attend the preview provided by the Nashville convention steering committee that fellow members of the National Council experienced last October.  But below is a report from Leslie Wolf Robb, Councillor for Region IX.  This is definitely a not-to-be-missed event in a fascinating city.  I do hope to see you there!

Jan

I had the opportunity to visit Nashville in October for AGO National Council meetings, and was dazzled by the organs, the city, and the people. I can't wait to go back for the convention this summer, and I hope all of you are planning to be there, too!

My top 10 reasons for going to Nashville:
  1. Inspiration – world class organ and choral performances make me want to practice 5 hours a day!
  2. World-class organs and venues – can I take the Fisk at Covenant Presbyterian home with me (maybe the whole campus)? And move Schermerhorn Hall to San Diego?
  3. Worship – there's nothing like having over 2,000 organists singing hymns together
  4. Growth – workshops that give me new insights on literature, practicing, teaching, improvisation, and so much more
  5. Fun – talking with friends, dinner with friends, talking with friends, helping others spend their money in the exhibit hall, talking with friends (we organists have to spend a lot of time being quiet in worship – conventions are our time to make up for that!)
  6. Shopping – discovering new teaching materials and new literature to share in church and in concert, new CDs, and hopefully a fun t shirt or two
  7. Southern hospitality – it's the best!
  8. Challenge – learning new ways to practice and improvise, build great working relationships, and promote the organ. Come to Nashville – go home smarter!
  9. Exploring a fantastic city – Nashville is spectacular!  Museums, plantations, history, and so much more.  I can't wait to visit The Hermitage again!
  10. All of the venues are air-conditioned.  :)

No comments: